Friday, March 07, 2008

Finally...US to award vaccine damage payment

I have struggled with vaccines and thru my own research, reading books and studies from both sides, trying to weigh the alarmist point of views from each side, I chose to delay vaccines in my four children till they were over two. Most importantly, by delaying their vaccines, I felt I was allowing their bodies time to grow, time for any underlying conditions to reveal itself and I felt that since we homeschooled and I breastfed my kids till age three, and lots of healthy food, that we would limit any risks associated with vaccines.

I belive in the importance of vaccines, I always have. However, I never felt comfortable trusting the blanket program beginning often within hours of birth! Now that the CDC has finally acknowledged that some children, may have an underlying condition that causes autism like symptoms, I hope more research is done to find a low cost, reliable test that will screen out children at risk. However, at this time, there is no such test...we need one!

US to award vaccine damage payment
By Judith Duffy, Health Correspondent
Campaigners hail decision as ‘unprecedented’

A DECISION by the US government to award compensation under its vaccine
damage programme to a child diagnosed with symptoms of autism has been
hailed as "unprecedented" by campaigners.
The claim is one of nearly 5000 cases currently pending in the American
vaccine "court", which allege that mercury-containing vaccines resulted in
autism.
Washington-based attorney Jim Moody, one of the lawyers involved in the
cases, told the Sunday Herald the case was scheduled to go to trial in May,
but "to everyone's surprise" the government conceded liability.
"It is also significant they conceded it was causing autism, they could have
just said vaccines caused injury or been vague," he said. "Never before has
our government linked vaccines to autism."
According to court papers, the girl was developing normally during the first
18 months of her life. But the officials agreed to pay compensation after it
was demonstrated that five vaccinations she received on one day
significantly aggravated an underlying type of genetic disorder, leading to
a condition which had "features" of autism.
A press conference is planned for Atlanta tomorrow, where the girl's parents
are expected to talk about the case.
Visit link for full story

No comments: