Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Seeing through a Glass Darkly




We walk through this life making choices every day, hoping that the choices you make, the direction you are going is the right one.  You wake up each day believing you have enough time in your day to be with the ones you love and care about and if you don't there is always tomorrow or the weekend.  Why do we presume this?

In an instant all the choices you have made, the time you invested into things or people that you believed were important come up short when faced with the reality of how fragile our time is here on this earth.  You realize that we can only see what is in front of us today yet we live our lives as if the future is wide open, ours to manage and fill.  We can't presume anything about the future.  You can hope for the future, you can live your life believing in a future, yet acknowledging how limited our view into the future is.

If we knew how much time each of us have would we live differrently?  How would we choose to live?  As a mother whose children have grown in what seems like an instant, I feel time passing me by and I realize as these children grow up that I lose control of their life.  It was our job to keep our children safe, to keep them healthy and happy.  Now I see how limited our control really was.  Life happens, and when reality hits it will take your breath away.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.  1 Cor. 13:12 KJV

No comments: