Sunday, January 15, 2012


I'm bad for having 3-4 books on the go, I often read a topic based on my mood.  Well, this book is amazing and I'm loving it and it suits all my moods!  It doesn't just appeal to me because I was born in Ireland, but because it encompasses all aspects of Celtic Christianity.  So much has been lost that was good in favour of conformity to one way.  This book reminds me of a more grass roots, instinctive way of sharing God's love.

This book stressed how actions speak louder than words, that Christianity is caught more than taught, and that the most powerful tool for evangelism is Christian hospitality. Hunter painted a beautiful picture of the the Church as the Gathered Community. How do we move from buildings and programs to this kind of understanding of ourselves - and not just by knowing it but by living it?

No comments: