Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another School Shooting

It was with horror that I watched the news unfold yesterday about Virginia Tech. 33 people dead, including the gunman. The incomprehensible horror of such a violent act leaves you without words.

I ache for the dead, the violence they experienced in their last moments...I'm sure we will hear of many acts of bravery during this horrible situation. I pray for the families and friends affected and for the healing of the wounded.

I don't know why a person would be so determined to carry out such a violent act...he must have been in great despair or suffering from some sort of mental illness to do such a horrendous thing and to do it so methodically. His family will need lots of support and prayer living with the aftermath of their son's actions. I pray that we can find out what set off this young man and perhaps learn from it to somehow prevent any further repeats of this now more common event.

No comments: